Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

My cousin Katie shared this recipe on her blog and it is absolutely delicious! I am already a peanut butter fanatic, so lets just say that I have been baking and eating peanut butter cookies since she posted the recipe;-)


Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
  • 3 cups packed brown sugar (the original recipe calls for 2 cups, but I found that adding one extra cup makes the cookies hold together better instead of flattening out)
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 tsp GF vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • a pinch or two of salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350
  1. Mix together dry ingredients, followed by liquid ingredients
  2. Roll into small balls (I used a tablespoon to scoop)
  3. Take a fork and press the down down, making a criss-cross pattern
  4. Bake between 8-10 minutes (I bake for 8 minutes using stoneware and they turn out to be perfectly chewy.)
  5. Let the cookies cool on pan for about 5 minutes and then place them on wire cooling racks so the can cool completely.

No comments: