Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Cupcakes


Happy Valentine's Day!!!



Well, as you all may have heard, Whole Foods is already in the process of slowly replacing the Namaste brand with their own products. :-( So, I was surprised to see the process already in full swing the other day when I went to pick up some cake mix. I was pressed on time, so I grabbed a box of Whole Food's Chocolate Cake Mix. I whipped up the mix into cupcakes for a Valentine's party.
Let's see....how would I compare it to Namaste? It was a good mix, and all of the kids gobbled it up. I thought it was really good too. But, for all of you who have tried Namaste products, you will know what I am talking about. Namaste Cake Mixes in general, have this moist and "Oh so delicious taste that lasts for days and days!" Even my "non-gluten free buddies" agree that Namaste cakes are the best cakes they have every had, which is a lot to say since it is gluten free. So, if you couldn't tell, I heart Namaste. Life goes on though, right?

I still plan to make sure that Market Street is not following suit and that they are keeping Namaste on the shelves, but if you are into variety. I will recommend this
Whole Food's Chocolate Cake Mix. I am also intending on at least trying out the other Whole Food's products they are putting out (i.e. pancake/waffle mix, cookie mix, bread mix, etc) and I recommend you do too. They are still expensive (being gluten free and all), but they are not as expensive as some of the others. So, here are the cupcakes, topped with Pillsberry Cream Cheese Frosting (dyed pink), sprinkles, and a single DOTS candy (red and pink, of course) Enjoy!


No comments: